Sunday, March 22, 2009

Now Where Did I Put That Brain of Mine??

Panic!...and it isn't "at the disco". It's right here in my head because I'm realizing that I'm going to have a baby in 3 days!!

I still can't believe it, or the fact that I'm going to be having a C-Section (most likely) which everyone is deeming "MAJOR SURGERY". It sounds a little (ha ha..."a little") scary. I'll get over it. I have to "get over it" because Shawn has to come out somehow and there is NO WAY he weighs less than 7 1/2 pounds. My friend Amiee thinks he is going to weigh 9lbs 1ounce.

When Mo was born he weighed 8lbs 2ounces...and when I was born I weighed a whopping 9lbs
8ounces!! I heard from somewhere (which according to Mom may not be a credible source) that babies tend to weigh-in somewhere between their Mother and Father's birth weight. Mom says that the baby tends to weigh closer to the Mother's birth weight than the Father's. Based on that info you are MORE than welcome to take a guess at his birth weight and I'll post it later to see who was the closest (for bragging rights).

Other than that I'm excited and nervous all at the same time. I know I'm going to be ok though, and I have SO MANY wonderful friends and family praying for us too. We are truly blessed!!

...and I'm hoping (fingers crossed) that after Shawn is born I'll get my brain back...I've missed it so much!! LOL

2 comments:

  1. I hadn't heard that birth weight theory before. I don't think it's too accurate. My husband weighed 6'5" and I weighed 7'4" at birth. My babies weights ranged from 7'4" to 9'12", with most of them being in the 9lb range. Regarding the C-section, I hope they don't put you out for it. It's such an exciting moment when they lift your baby out and show him to you. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eddie guesses 8 lb.'s 5 oz.'s. I'm going for 9 lb.'s 9 oz.'s. I hope I am closest, so then I will have bragging rights about being a grandma and the best guesser.

    ReplyDelete