Friday, May 8, 2009

Elaboration...




Since Shawn is asleep I can elaborate on some of my experiences that probably most everyone wanted to hear about.

When I went in on the 25th of March I was so nervous! Luckily I got a great nurse and Mo was there (and Mom too just not in the same room) so that comforted me. There is a lot of preparation that goes into a C-Section so it took about 2 hours for prep. I was a little nervy until I got the epidural. The epidural was FANTASTIC!! It took away all the anxious feelings I had and they wheeled me back to surgery while I was on cloud 9! I didn't even realize that the doctors had already cut me open when all of the sudden Dr. Banks said, "Here he is!" and held up the most beautiful thing I had ever seen...my Baby Shawn. Of course tears streamed out of my eyes because of all the anticipation and here God had made him more beautiful than I had imagined. They handed Shawn to Mo for a very brief period of time so we could see him. Mo brought him up to my face so I could see him and kiss his cheek.

It was all in all a wonderful experience even though it was major surgery. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world...it's so much easier to have a C-Section under the right circumstances.

Well, Baby Shawn is waking up so more next time!!...

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful baby boy. I'm so glad it went fairly "easy" and you had no complications. I know that bundle of baby-boy is keeping you hopping at home! Enjoy it, they sure grow up fast! Oh, and Happy 1st Mother's Day (one day early!)

    ReplyDelete